Begin of a niche site, you don’t have a luxury of money and resources and what you should do now? You have to focus on the high-converting content first, generate profit and re-invest revenue to build up your business.
The secret to get your site up and running fast is focus on “best of ” content first, and build a content hub around it.
Start with your keyword, you can use Ahrefs and type “best +keyword” and let Ahrefs works it magic.
For example, while researching for a bow niche site, I started with crossbow niche first, and with the very-first articles are about “best crossbow” and related posts that enhance the “best of ” content.
How to do keyword research for each article?
Keyword research, when done right, saves you a ton of time and money. And with each article, you can do as follows:
- Type your main keyword in Google
- Take the first 3 position results in SERP
- Put those 3 URLs in ahrefs/Site-explorer
- Click on organic keywords
- Filter and choose only keywords with position 10 or below.
- Filter and choose keywords with search volume > 100
- Put into a list
- Use your common sense to weed out meaningless keywords that are not relevant to the topic
- There you are, you have done your research for each article.
- Rinse and repeat with other topics.